عنوان مقاله [English]
The purpose of the present article has been comparison between training rates and quality of education in qualitative and quantitative ways in the best private and governmental schools in the province of “Chaharmahal and Bakhtyari”. In the quantitative part, educational ratios for all students in the primary schools, guidance schools, and high schools in a 6-year-period were accounted. It should be mentioned that the statistic society and the sample were equal. In the qualitative part, 8 guidance schools and high schools were purposefully selected. 76 students and 74 teachers participated in this study as available random sampling.
The study questions focused on investigating on the students registration ratio, the ratio of passing one grade or having to repeat it, and the ratio of students who remain in school with the drop-outs in public and private schools. To find a response to the hypotheses, this study, investigates the degree of teacher’s mental health, degree of student’s satisfaction and teacher characteristics in private and governmental schools.
Instruments in the quantitative part were a 28 questions questionnaire about general mental health, Eyesings 21 questions test on evaluating the character, and the 24 question test on client’s satisfaction that have enough validity and reliability. In qualitative part also, 4 investigation-trained staff attended schools and observed situations and interviewed the individuals . Study findings are:
1. There isn’t significant difference between degree of teacher’s mental health of public schools and private schools.
2. Students who study in private schools are more satisfied about quality of services than those of governmental schools .
3. There isn’t significant difference between teacher characteristics in private and governmental schools .
4. Grade-repetition rate in governmental schools in each sections (primary schools, guidance schools and high schools) is more than private schools.
5. examination passing ratio in private schools in 3 sections are more than governmental schools.
6. results obtained by interview and observation showed that quality of education environment and classes, activities by the parents and teachers association, as well as the holding of exams in governmental schools has been better than private schools; but quality of relationships between parents and school, quality of sport lessons and laboratories in private schools were better than governmental schools.